- Product Info
Gua sha, also known as scraping therapy, is an important healing technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Use these specially designed instruments to press-stroke a lubricated area of skin and relieve pain, stiffness, inflammation, fever, nausea, congestion and more
As a practitioner, you will examine the nature of the “sha” to diagnose blockages for rebalancing the body. Gua sha can be used as preventative, first-aid and on-going therapies for many health conditions. Safe, simple and effective.
- Sterilize your tools, hands and work space before and after every session.
- Apply a thick layer of carrier oil to the skin.
- Hold the proper tool that corresponds with the area of the body at an angle between 30 and 45 degrees.
- Scrape in one direction, down from the head or away from the spine, in long continuous gentle strokes (6 to 7 inches).
- Increase pressure while constantly checking in until your client communicates that it feels deep enough yet not painful. Keep this pressure consistent for 10 to 30 strokes, or 5 to 10 minutes.
- When finished, cover skin with a sheet or towel before moving on to work on another area of the body.
- It’s best to apply Gua sha at least an hour before or after eating.
- Communicate clearly before, during and after the session with your clients. Patients should expect their skin to turn red, brown or purple. These markings represent blood vessels releasing “petechiae” or “sha” which detoxes the blood and stimulates circulation. It may be helpful to show your client the tools and demonstrate briefly on your own skin. Patients should also explain the markings to their friends and family to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Please note that patients should experience relief from the session, never pain. Take care to ensure the skin is not broken and continue to check-in during the session to find the ideal amount of pressure.
- We recommend using a massage table to ensure good practitioner body mechanics and easy access.
- Allow patients to rest after treatment for a few minutes and readjust.
- Encourage your clients to drink room temperature water after the session to encourage toxin elimination.
- Instruct patients to stay covered and warm, avoid moving air (wind, a/c, fans) and not shower/bathe for three hours after treatment.
- Never scrape over marks on the skin, pimples, moles, varicose veins, open wounds or scratches.
- This is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Never treat people with bleeding disorders, kidney failure or communicable diseases, those taking anti-coagulant medication, clients who are frail, weak or hungry, and anyone recovering from recent surgery.
- Scraping Therapy
- At Home Use
- Sanitize tools with boiling water
- Wipe with rubbing alcohol
- Dry with clean cotton
- Lightly coat in carrier oil and keep in protective storage container.
Instruction Manual Included
- Shipping Info
We usually ship your order on the same day or the day after your payment is processed. You can expect to receive your item(s) in 1 to 5 business days, depending on your location.
Shipping & Tax Calculator
Easily estimate the total S&H cost including tax for your order with our Shipping & Tax Calculator by clicking on the “CHECKOUT” button. In the “Estimate Shipping and Tax” box, select your delivery location from the drop down menu of states. Click “Get a Quote.”
Using Your Own Shipping Carrier
S&H costs are subject to change. Customers are also welcome to use their own shipping carrier. Please contact our customer service team to make arrangements prior to placing an order.
- Signature Guarantees
Gua Sha Scraping Tool Warranty
- Two Year warranty against Defects.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact a customer service representative.
Our 100% Money Back and Best Price Guarantees
At BestMassage.com, we proudly stand behind all our massage products and keep our promises to valued customers like you. We truly appreciate your business with us. Thus, we assure you of a 100% satisfaction on all our massage products and services.
We know that sometimes, an item might not suit the exact need it was purchased for. That's why, standard with every purchase, we provide a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. With each item you buy from us, we give you 30 days after you receive it to try it and ensure that you are satisfied.
In the unlikely event that you receive your purchase and it is not what you expected, simply send it back to us and we will immediately refund you the purchase price of the item. Please note that the shipping and handling charges will not be refunded unless the item is defective.
Terms and Conditions for our 100% Money Back Guarantee:
You can easily return the merchandise for any reasons hassle-free although we may ask how we can improve our service to meet your satisfaction.
All returned products must be received within 30 days after the date of purchase.
The returned merchandise is refundable only if undamaged, in new or nearly-new condition, and in its original packaging.
For disposable items such as oils, lotions, and creams, the refund will be given only if they are unopened or due to manufacturer's defect.
For all sheets, sheet sets and face pillow covers, the refund will only be given if the sheets are not washed.
We reserve the right to refuse returns on items that have been clearly damaged or used extensively by customers.
The customer is responsible for any return shipping costs unless the purchased item is defective.
If all the above requirements are met, you will receive a refund in full for the purchase price minus any shipping, handling, or postal insurance costs. No re-stocking fee will be charged if returned within a 30-day period.
Example 1: The returned merchandise is refundable only if undamaged, in new or nearly-new condition, and in its original packaging. All returned products must be returned within 30 days after the date on which they are received. The shipping and handling charges will not be refunded unless the items are defective. We reserve the right to refuse returns on items that have been clearly damaged or used extensively.
Example 2: The returned merchandise is refundable only if unopened. All returned products must be returned within 30 days after the date on which they are received. The shipping and handling charges will not be refunded unless the items are defective.
Example 3: The returned merchandise is refundable only if unused. All returned products must be returned within 30 days after the date on which they are received. The shipping and handling charges will not be refunded unless the items are defective.
Terms and Conditions for our Best Price Guarantee:
We assure you of the very best prices in the nation for these products. Therefore, should you find a better price elsewhere within 14 days of the purchase for any items you have ordered from BestMassage.com, simply inform us and we will gladly refund the difference to you.
The product for which you find a better price must be identical in every manner, including, but not limited to, model, color, brand, quantity and condition, as the item you have purchased from BestMassage.com. The claim must be made no later than 14 days after the date of your order from BestMassage.com.
A publicly documented verification of the lower priced item must be submitted to us along with your proof of purchase from BestMassge.com. This guarantee does not apply to price reductions on our website that start after your purchase, A/B Quality or any used products, auction websites, or websites that serve customers in other countries.
If all the above requirements are met, you will receive a refund for the difference.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact a customer service representative. We will be glad to speak with you and answer all your questions.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Eco-Basic BodyChoice Massage Table Package
Retail Price: $229.00Our Price: $159.90
BodyChoice Aroma Diffuser
Retail Price: $39.00
Special Price: $19.90
The Original Index Knobber II
Retail Price: $12.90Our Price: $9.90
Only 3 left in stock